Recent changes and additions to this site will be documented here. Please use
"Reload" or "Refresh" when you re-visit this page and/or any changed page
on this site.
October 2, 2022
- Added a collage of then and now photographs (with links) to the
September 26, 2022
- Added a description of Lincoln's "bodyguard" statement at Sharpsburg,
referring to General McClellan, to the
September 19, 2022
- Thanks to Donald E. Coho, York, PA, for correcting the number of casualties that
we had copied, in error, from the
Plaque on the 125th Pennsylvania Infantry's statue at Sharpsburg/Antietam.
September 11, 2022
- In the process of revising the
Tredegar Iron Works section because of the changes in the visitor center due to a combined American Civil War Center and
National Park Service reception area on the NPS first floor.
September 2, 2022
- Until now, the Lincoln Section on this site had a link to a detailed
photograph of Lincoln at Gettysburg on the Library of Congress website. The
Library of Congress changed the page containing that photograph. Accordingly,
instead of re-linking to the revised
photograph page on the Library of Congress website, we downloaded the photograph
and added it directly to the
Lincoln Section on this site.
August 23, 2022
August 12, 2022
- With the Civil War Preservation Trust (CWPT) changing its name to the
Civil War Trust, we added their new emblem;
to the Main Site Page and the Main Photo Page
July 31, 2022
- Updated Park information on the Pamplin Park Visit page. (Thanks to Ms. S. Hare of Pamplin Park Administration.)