U. S. CIVIL WAR
Remains of the Willis Church Parsonage - 2000.(3)
|On July 1, 1862, this Parsonage, with Confederate forces around it, was in plain view of the Union Artillery on Malvern Hill. Located several miles from the Willis Church, the remains of the Parsonage, which burned in 1988, are part of the Malvern Hill NPS Park trail.|
The National Park Service, as of this writing - April 26, 2005 - is removing
trees and restoring the Malvern Hill battlefield to its 19th Century condition.
As a result, the remains of the Willis Church Parsonage are becoming visible
from the Union battle line and vice versa, as shown in the following photographs.
|Except for the items provided with permission to the author of this Site, this complete Site is Copyright ; 2000 - 2017. All Rights are Reserved. No portion of this site, including this index page and any of the separate pages, may be copied, retransmitted, reposted, duplicated or otherwise used without the express written permission of USA Civil War.com.|