U. S. CIVIL WAR
Fort Brady was constructed after the Union captured
Fort Harrison in September 1864. It's purpose was to neutralize
Drewry's Bluff (across the river) and to anchor
the Federal line from Fort Harrison.
(Text Source, paraphrased: U.S. Gov't, National Park Service)
|Except for the items provided with permission to the author of this Site, this complete Site is Copyright ; 2000 - 2017. All Rights are Reserved. No portion of this site, including this index page and any of the separate pages, may be copied, retransmitted, reposted, duplicated or otherwise used without the express written permission of USA Civil War.com.|